This page contains notes on getting Cyanogenmod installed on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canadian).
Cyanogenmod[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Instructions: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jfltecan#Installing_CyanogenMod_from_recovery
- CM 12? : https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/106859-sgh-i337m-jfltecan-cm12/
- jfltexx Builds: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx
- Goole Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
- stock firmware(?) http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SGH-I337M
Install Recovery TWRP[edit | edit source]
Replace the stock recovery image.
Install TWRP by following the instructions at https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys4internationalqualcomm.html
To upgrade TWRP, download the latest version at https://dl.twrp.me/jflte/. Place the .img file on a SD card and then flash it to the recovery partition in TWRP by going to Install -> Images -> Select the .img file.
Loading Cyannogen[edit | edit source]
- Download and install adb
- Download the CyanogenMod build package and optional 3rd party packages (such as Goole Apps)
- Place the CyanogenMod .zip package, as well as any optional .zip packages, on the root of /sdcard
- You may do this by copying the files in the running Android system or
- Boot into recovery mode (Vol UP & Home & Power) and use adb.
adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
- Enter Recovery mode if not already
- Optional (Recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Factory Reset.
- Select Install (if you're running CyanogenMod Recovery this is 'Apply Update').
- Navigate to
/sdcardand select the CyanogenMod .zip package.
- Follow the on-screen notices to install the package.
- Optional: Install any additional packages you wish using the same method (if you are installing multiple packages, install CyanogenMod first and then install any subsequent packages on top of it).
- Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod.
Upgrading to LineageOS[edit | edit source]
Once TWRP is installed, installing LineageOS requires downloading the desired version of LineageOS and placing it on a SD card. Install the .zip file in TWRP.