Difference between revisions of "Podman"
Latest revision as of 17:03, 9 November 2019
Podman, short for Pod Manager, is a daemonless container engine and a drop-in replacement for Docker. It can be used in both root and non-root mode.
Starting with Red Hat Enterprise 8, Podman replaces Docker.
- No privileged daemon which is both a security risk and a single point of failure
- Works like docker with similar commands
- Docker images are compatible (based on OCI spec)
- Root-less containers
- Built with Kubernetes in mind (generates kube specs)
- No docker-compose equivalent.
- Images also located at